Saturday, March 13, 2010

Old Friends

Just recently I learned how to use a computer, and much to my surprise I am doing really well for a newbie! So one of the first things that I did was to email my sister (really my best friend ever since I was 12) and tell her about my early birthday present (a lap top). I thought it would be fun to look her up on this facebook thingy, and there she was! Then my husband explains to me that I really would like it if I had a facebook account of my own, then I could look up friends and family anytime I wanted to. So, I opened an account and did look some close friends and family up, OMG there are too many people that I know on this facebook thingy! I looked up one old friend and it shot me to this Classmates.com thingy and tells me that if I want to email or find info about where she is now that I have to pay. So I paid, I can't believe it I paid for a service to help me find a friend! Here comes the random part, I am NOT a stalker! The last time that I saw some old friends they mentioned that the old friend in question asked if they have seen me around and if so do they have a phone number or address. So see, she looked me up first!
Here is the real point to the story, after so many years being out of High School hell you cant remember the last names of anyone, so how do they expect you to find them! Oh but the worst part is, lets say for the sake of argument that you do remember a name or two then you have to wait for them to remember you. Then you have to wait for them to email you! Then.....there is facebook, you say "add to friends" and you have to wait for more emails, aaarrgh its exhausting! So much pressure...............this is supposed to be fun dammit!
I do have to admit that I am enjoying it a little, small, wee bit when I do get to catch up with someone and their life is not too boring!
Surf ya later, Lili

2 comments:

  1. I love your use of "aaarrgh"! And it's so true! Having to wait for all those stupid people to respond IS exhausting, and quite annoying. Nice post, and keep the random coming!!! Wuvs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But really You LOVE it, not just a wee bit, You LOVE it. Cause now your out there like the rest of us, facebooking, Yahooing, Blogging weirdo's. It wasn't that long ago I was were you are now. And I LOVE it and I have only scathed the first layer of this inernet thingy. BBB.

    ReplyDelete